6 Things You Need To Know About Cyclobenzaprine 10mg
Cyclobenzaprine 10mg is kind of medication that is used to manage the pain resulting from injuries, strains and sprains. It is a muscle relaxing pills that performs on chemicals or neurotransmitters in your body, which helps you to perceive a lesser amount of pain. As per the National Library of medicine, you need to take only 5 mg of Cyclobenzaprine thrice a day. However, doctor can advice you to increase the dosage to 10 mg if 5 mg is not effective in treating the injuries.
Cyclobenzaprine belongs to the family of medicines called muscle relaxants. It is normally prescribed with the physical and rest therapy to provide relief from muscle spasm that are associated with short term and sudden painful conditions. It works in the Central Nervous System (CNS) to amend the signals from the mind that tends to cause tightening of muscles.
When used with the combination of rest and physical therapy, it assists to relieve the stiffness and pain that is caused due to muscle spasm.
The medication might be available under many brands and in numerous distinct forms. First you need to consult with your doctor and ask for his suggestion about consuming this medication. Also, don’t quit taking the medication without letting your doctor know. Do not give the same medication to anyone else even if he has the same problem as you do. It could be injurious to him if the doctor has not prescribed him to take it.
Watch this video for more information about Cyclobenzaprine 10mg
Things you need to know:
1. The normal dose of Cyclobenzaprine 10mg for adults is three times a day. It could range between 20 mg to 40 mg in a day. Do not exceed the limit to 60 mg per day as it could be harmful. The consumption of this medication isn’t recommended for periods more than 3 weeks.
2. There are many things that can affect the dose of this medication for a person such as other medical conditions, other medications use while using this or body weight.
3. Do not change the method of taking the medication without first asking the doctor. It is very important to take the medicine exactly the way prescribed by your doctor.
4. If, for whatever reason, you skipped a dose, take it as quickly as possible and continue the usual schedule. Leave the skipped dose, if it is already time for your next dose. Don’t try to make up for the missed one by taking two doses at a same time. If you aren’t sure about what you need to do after missing a dose, then contact your doctor for some advice.
5. Store the medicine at room temperature and protect it from moisture and light. Make sure to keep it out of the reach of children. In some cases, it could be very harmful to children.
6. Do not take the medicine if you have any heart related problem, an overreacting thyroid gland or if you have allergy with Cyclobenzaprine or any of the ingredients.
Cyclobenzaprine 10mgcomes in yellow shield shaped tablet with a “CZ10″ printed on its one side with “G” on the other side. It doesn’t have to look like this since there are many brands that sell this tablet. It contains non medical ingredients such as polyethylene glycol, lactose, stearate, pregelatinized starch, methylcellulose, magnesium, titanium dioxide synthetic yellow iron oxide, hydroxypropyl, polydextrose and triacetin. These ingredients don’t usually have side effects.